We are excited to announce our integration with Box.com. Box allows companies to have an online repository of files, structured in folders, that synchronizes to users’ local hard drives. Box is used by teams and individuals to keep all files centralized and accessible from any computer.
With the Trackolade/Box integration, users can now upload and share files directly from their Box account by attaching it directly to a task or a comment within a Trackolade project. Users can now make changes and updates to their Box documents and they will be instantly updated to the file that has been uploaded into Trackolade. This eliminates the need to repeatedly download and upload the latest versions of project documents.
How to get started: Link your Box account
Trackolade will communicate with your Box.com account to provide you with a list your Box documents and grant you access to documents you wish to upload into Trackolade. Below are instructions on how to link your existing Box.com account:
- Navigate to the Trackolade settings page by clicking on the “gear” icon. (second icon from the bottom in the left navigation bar)
- Click on the integrations tab.
- Click on the “Link Box” button and enter your Box account credentials.
- Authorize Trackolade to access your Box account.
- That’s it! Now you can attach Box files from Teambox.
Attaching a Box file
- You can attach a Box file to any task commenting your projects.
- Create a new task, or find an existing one.
- Click on the Box icon below the comment box.
- A popup window will open with your Box files. Click on the file you would like to attach. You can also add a comment in the text box.
- The popup window will close and you will now see those files attached.
- Optionally you can comment on this conversation or task.
- Click “Send” to upload your file.
- All done! Now members of this project will be able to download and edit these Box files by clicking on them.
Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions! Let’s get organized!
The Trackolade Teamby